Tuesday 2 February 2010

August, 2009: Beijing, China










One Night in




I was going around the Beijing "bird nest" stadium, hoping to get all the alphabet to make up the word Beijing. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Curiously, there are no gates "I" (maybe to avoid getting mixed up with gate "1", one) and "N" (maybe to avoid mix-up with the similar-sounding "M").




I have been in Beijing previously, so only spent one night at a friend's place. In the day time, I went visiting the Olympics site, which wasn't built during my previous trip.

Other than that, the most fun was checking out the 'English" menu at a resturant while waitng for dinner to be ready. Obviously, the Englisg language police checking out English roadsign in the capital before the 2008 Olympics missed out on THIS restaurant:

No comments: