Monday 22 October 2012

五月, 2012: 法蘭克福, 德國

Six years ago, I was in Frankfurt, in winter time. But I didn't step into the city. I went straight from the airport to the train station and went north to Cologne.




When Hollywood made the movie adaption of the A-Team, they set some of the scenes in Frankfurt. They were probably after the skyline. However, they also wanted a medieval church in the scene. Frankfurt has its own Dom cathedral, but the Hollywood producers probably deem it not as majestic as they wish.
 
So, they exercise their artistic license. In some of the supposedly Frankfurt scenes, the Cologne Cathedral made its appearance.

The Mainz river runs through the city. On the railway time table, Frankfurt is actually Frankfurt on the Mainz. This is to avoid it being confused with another station named simply "Frankfurt".

The river seem to divide the city into two distinct districts. The CBD on one side, and across the Mainz, front the bank is the museum district.

After coming back from Heidelberg, I just spend the rest of the day, a long one afforded by the summer sun, wandering the about the Mainz.

I spent sometime on the bench by the Mainz, looking up at the sky. Never for a second were the Frankfurt sky empty of airplane flying into the airport.



 

 
 
Back in the hotel, the RLD is getting ready for the night. A man in drag stood by the corner of the street discreetly soliciting.
 
From my room I could hear the low thump of the bass streaming from the many strip joints below me on street level.

Luckily, I was too tired to be affected by it.

 The next morning, I packed up and got ready to leave for Frankfurt airport.


Here end my european holidays.
Next up, the Orient Express.

No comments: