Wednesday 23 September 2009

July, 2009: Fujinomiya, Shizuoka


The nearest Shinkansen station from Fujinomiya is Shin-Fuji. The express Shinkansen don't even 'bother' to stop here. But the town/city has a big attraction, Mount Fuji-san.
While it is in Shizuoka prefecture, it's a pretty short drive from Yamanashi ken. While I was being driven around in the Yamanashi side of Fujisan, I believe Noriko Sakai was hiding in Yamanashi, too. She was then a fugitive because of her drug habit.
Some young chaps taking picture before a waterfall in the mountain. I thought they were Mongolian, and even tried chatting them up in mandarin. Turns out they were Japanese and know not a single word of Chinese. Why they are in those costume remains a mystery till this day.
Anyway, the path near the waterfall was rocky and wet. I took a tumble and this was one of the pictures taken by my Nikon L16, aka "Good-boy", before it broke my fall.

No comments: