Thursday 10 September 2009

July, 2009: Sapporo to Minami-NagareYama, Japan

The trip 'home'.

The trip back from Hokkaido to Honshu came with a bit of pleasant surprise. After checking at the Ueno JR office and being told that I am not getting a free ride with my JR on the overnight sleeper trains Cassiopeia or Hokutosei, I have to reluctantly schedule one full day for the trip back. But this being the end of a long weekend, every Tokyoite on holiday in the north is having the same idea. After every option to come home on Monday got me the "man seki" (fully-booked) reply, the JR guy at the reservation windows recommended me the Hamanasu. Leaving at 10pm from Sapporo and crossing over the undersea tunnel to arrive in Aomori in the early morning. From there, it could still make it in time for lesson in the afternoon of Tuesday.
A very good osusume. I luv it.

No comments: