Sunday 20 April 2008

April 2007: Bandung, Indonesia


Second trip to Jakarta. I wouldn't say I am charmed this time round. Anyway, ran out of places to go on weekends. So....escape from Jakarta.....to Bandung. I wasn't expecting much, so didn't even bother to wake up early to catch the morning train. By the time the train to Bandung pulls out of Monument Station, it was past noontime.











Bandung itself doesn't much interest, although some guide books do mention some old buildings of interest. I could have take in some of them and be charmed if I had arrived early. I didn't, and so I wasn't. After finishing my bowl of noodle (a late late lunch), I checked with the boss what she would suggest for places of interest, given that I have
no more than 3 hours before the train back to Jakarta. She suggested a mall. Psst, looks like no escaping the malls even after running out of Jakarta.

While the town itself didn't offered me much, the trip up did. Bandung is on a highland, and the trip up at least offer a landscape that differs from the flatland of Jakarta.



Top: Bandung Station.

--KIV--











No comments: