Sunday 20 April 2008

December 2007, Bangalore to Mysore, India


Here's one of the heavyweight of the world's railway: the venerable India Railway. By one estimate, it is the largest railway company in Asia, and the biggest employer in the world.

When I first show the Bangalore engineers my hardseat ticket to Mysore, all warn me to give up the idean and go by other mode of transport. But once on the train, it was a relief that things aren't that bad.

Top: The hardseat doesn't look that bad. It was a comfortable ride from Bangalore to Mysore, though frill-free.
Bottom: Journey's end. At the Mysore station platform, a young man being investigated for ticket fraud.
Bangalore and Mysore, not only does the two city names rhyme, they have similar nickname: Bangalore the City of Gardens and Mysore the City of Palace. The main Mysore Palace is the first Raj Palace I was ever in. I must say I was impressed.





--KIV--
















No comments: