Sunday 20 April 2008

July 2006: Beijing, China


When the ice storm descended on China during the Lunar New Year season of 2008, it gave the world a feel of the kind of loading China Railway has to take on.

Beijing was on a stopover between Ulaan Bataar and Singapore. There was no need to leave the Chinese capital, the sights easily took up one week of my time. Anyway, I booked myself into a budget hotel next to the Beijing Station. The window offer a view of the station track. Sound-proofing was well-done though, I didn't lose much sleep. Everyday, on the way in and out of the hotel, I would have to walk by the station. Though it was not the peak travelling season, the station area was a mass of humanity, sometimes late into the night.
















People, people everywhere, in the day (top), and the night (bottom.)

--KIV--

No comments: