Sunday 20 April 2008

September 2006: Jakarta, Indonesia


Jakarta, on my first trip in September 2006, holds no charm to me. It is devoid of green parks and the only place of interest Indonesians could suggest was the shopping malls, which were coming up all over the city. The malls probably has something to do with the lack of parks.

Since I was already there, I decided that I should at least spend one weekend out in the town, visiting some touristy place. And when in Jakarta, there is nothing more touristy than the Monument. Up the lift I went. At the top of the Monument, on its observation deck, here's the view of the Monument train station:


After the Monument, I took a short walk to the train station. Here's what looks like a commuter train pulling out of the platform. The train looks like it was shipped in from Japan. The Kanji (Japanese) writings for "Weak Air-conditioned Cabin" is still visible on the train. That would mean the cabin doesn't have the air-conditioner turned on to full blast.....at least back in Japan where it came from.

























--KIV--



No comments: