Friday 14 December 2012

六月, 2012: 下南洋 -- 米蘭 始發, 巴裡 到着









I needed to start early, so I stayed up most of the night searching for info on the trip tomorrow. This is better than oversleeping and missing the train to Bari. At Bari, I have a ferry to take me to Greece.


I need to get on, at the latest, the second tram of the morning. That way, I will make it for the subway to the train station. Everything went according to plan. The only delay was from the railway. The conductor had to check on a pneumatic door that wouldn't close. After a brief delay, we were off.

The train rolled through fields of sunflower. This is the closer the trains got to the flower to acertain they are sunflowers. Up north in Germany and Scandinavia, the fields were further away, when I see fields of yellow, I couldn't make out if they were rape flower or sunflower.

I passed through the Reggio Emilia.


The next station of note is the Ancona station. Before and after this station, the railway tracks run parallel close to the coast line. The sea and the beach was right out there by the window.

 
Large umbrella, bathing huts and seafront hotels lined the coast. And many new seafront projects were mushrooming along the way.


After the coastline stretch, fields appears. These were slightly different from the more gently rolling fields up north. Here, they look more ....."rocky" The kind of landscape I would expect a spagetti western to be made.

 
About eight hour after leaving Milan, we arrived in Bari Centrale. We would have travelled about 3/4 the lenght of the Italian peninsula.

 
I wrote down the name of the ferry terminal and Grrece on a piece of paper and ask in the station for direction. The info counter guy pointed me to the bus terminal right outside the station, and the bus service to take. I remember it was 12-A. I asked again at the bus ticketing counter. It is 12-A. Not 12, not 12-B, but 12-A. The guy was very specific.





There was a few minute before the bus, enough to get some italian food before leaving the country. A family of northern african (I guessed) were playing with their kids next to me on the bench.

I got to the ferry terminal.
 
A Adria Ferries ship was berth at the harbour.
 
This is not the ship I was taking, but I was indeed sailing out on the Adriatic Sea on the way to Greece.   

No comments: